journal tables of
ocean sciences links
AGU home page
||Welcome to the
home page for the Ocean Sciences Section of the American Geophysical
See section president Jim Murray's newsletter (pdf) for November 2013.
Honor your outstanding colleagues!
2013 Fall Meeting. 9-13 December, San Francisco, CA.
- Search abstracts using the itinerary planner.
- Tuesday, 12:30-1:30, Marriott Marquis Golden Gate C2. Ocean Sciences Luncheon, including presentation of the Early Career Award to Andrew Thompson and the Ocean Sciences Award to Eric Lindstrom. Tickets required.
- Tuesday, 2:40-3:40, 2022 Moscone West. Presentation of the Rachel Carson Lecture by Adina Paytan. "Addressing Global Environmental Challenges through Interdisciplinary Biogeochemical Research".
- Tuesday, 6:30-8:30 PM, InterContinental Grand
Ballroom C. Reception, joint with Ocean Science and Paleooceanography
and Paleoclimatology. Free.
- Wednesday, 10:20-11:10, 103 Moscone South. Presentation of the Emiliani Lecture by Howard Spero. "The Paleoceanography Frontier: Proxies, New Technologies and Novel Questions".
- Wednesday, 12:30-1:30, Moscone North Room 112. Ocean Sciences Executive Committee meeting. Invitation only.
- Wednesday, 6:00-8:00 PM, Moscone North Rooms 134-135. AGU Honors Ceremony. Free.
- Wednesday, 8:30 PM-midnight, Marriott Marquis Salons 8-9. AGU HOnors Banquet. Tickets required.
2014 Ocean Sciences Meeting. 23-28 February, Honolulu, HI.
Congratulations to the following OS members who have been selected as 2013 AGU Fellows: Alan Devol, Barbara Hickey, Eileen Hofmann, Greg Johnson, Lisa Levin, Peter Liss, Ken Mopper, Charles Paull, Nancy Rabalais, Chris Sabine. Also 2 new fellows from PPFG are affiliates of OS: David Lea, Alan Mix. Read the citations.
Congratulations to the following OS members who have been selected for
awards or honors. Please see section president Jim Murray's letter for more details.
- The 2013 Rachel Carson Lecture will be presented by Dr. Adina Paytan from University of California, Santa Cruz.
- The 2013 Early Career Awardee is Dr. Andrew Thompson from California Institute of Technology, Pasadena.
- The 2013 Ocean Sciences Awardee is Dr. Eric Lindstrom from NASA.
- The 2014 Sverdrup Lecture will be presented by Dr. Dennis Hansell from University of Miami.
Meetings of Interest Sponsored or co-Sponsored by AGU
the AGU Geophysical Year Calendar
Website template provided by